Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together bold entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. EIP has over $2 billion in assets under management and invests globally across venture, growth, and credit.
EIP is seeking an Associate Vice President of Partnerships & Programs for its Elevate Future Fund (“Elevate”). The Elevate Future Fund (“Elevate”) is the firm’s answer to the need to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (“DE&I”) in the venture industry and for complete ESG proliferation in the market. The Elevate Associate Vice President will report to the Elevate Managing Partner and work closely with EIP’s Strategy team.
The Elevate Associate Vice President will perform the responsibilities of a program manager for Elevate and its Partnerships & Programs. This person will develop relationships and provide support and services to early-stage portfolio companies to foster their development and encourage growth. The Elevate Associate Vice President will also streamline the internal operations of the Elevate team, creating process efficiencies and bringing strategic leadership and tactical planning in key areas as needed. This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the Elevate Associate Vice President will directly support the extension, service, and economic development mission for Elevate. This person will work side-by-side with early-stage companies through Elevate, interface with our utilities/corporate partners, engage with diverse communities, and other venture investors.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Elevate Associate Vice President of Partnerships & Programs will be responsible for two key areas: portfolio development and internal Elevate platform operations and logistics.
- Develop thought leadership and programming that will accelerate the development of Elevate portfolio companies
- Develop a platform with a year-round roster of programming activities that includes identifying high-signal speakers, workshops, one-on-one training and development sessions, written/ video content to help startup portfolio founders build competencies in the areas of executive development, go-to-market strategy, sales, fundraising, and related areas of technical/ business acumen
- Facilitate introductions for portfolio founders that will augment their success
- Coach portfolio founders on an ad-hoc basis
- Foster and manage relationships with utilities/ corporate partner executives, mentors, and the larger Elevate network
- Co-create and track internal KPIs and facilitate annual planning for the Elevate team and Elevate corporate partners to measure impact
- Mastermind logistics and execution of the intense programming calendar for Elevate, which includes programming activities, Council Call meetings, external speakers, panels, corporate dinners, and conceive and organize networking events like bi-annual portfolio company + utilities/corporate partner receptions and annual conferences
- Build internal workflow management systems for long-term operational efficiency
- Source content and help the internal team manage the upkeep of Elevate-specific website material
- Liaise with internal communications team and corporate partner PR teams to assist in the execution of Elevate’s press and communications plan
- Administer day-to-day operations for Elevate and provide general administrative support as needed
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Elevate is seeking an outstanding individual with exceptional operational, strategic, and interpersonal skills who will join the effort to take Elevate to the next level.
- 5-7 years of work experience in portfolio development, operations/logistics, project or program management role in tech, DE&I focused programs
- Bachelor’s Degree at a top academic institution required. Advanced degree with a focus on entrepreneurship, business, etc., or work experience conveying the same acumen, is welcomed
- Familiarity with of start-up culture, venture capital environment, or other entrepreneurial programs
- Proven attention to detail and hyper-organization through prior work or life experience
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable handling multiple priorities with a variety of responsibilities
- Self-starter who can deliver big outcomes with a minimal amount of direction
- People-oriented, supportive, creative, and direct
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded and not ego-driven
- Tech-savvy with ability to learn new software’s and create a smooth-running operational experience
- Strong interest in venture capital, DE&I initiatives, energy transition, technology, startups, entrepreneurship
- High EQ and IQ
- Additional preferred skills: Proficiency in data analysis. Familiarity with graphic/ visual design concepts and tools in the Adobe Creative Suite, website management and HTML/ CSS are a plus!