Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy, real estate, and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. With over $4 billion in assets under management, EIP invests globally across venture, growth, and credit.
We’re seeking an Analyst/Associate to join our Research & Innovation group: the team at EIP responsible for the strategic platform bridging EIP’s investment teams, LPs, and portfolio companies. This position will support our built environment, distributed energy resource, and industrial sectors. Within those domains, this role will support in the development of deep market insight and apply that insight to: A) support our investment deal flow; B) help our strategic LPs transform their businesses; and C) accelerate commercialization for our portfolio companies.
This is an opportunity to work on a growing focus area in an established firm driving innovation across the energy ecosystem. We’re looking for an insatiably curious, analytically minded market researcher, who’s able to manage multiple workstreams and draw insights across an ecosystem spanning startup engineers and corporate finance.
There’s a lot of capital out there chasing climate tech opportunities, these days. Our Research & Innovation team is the reason we’re the climate tech capital of choice for both the startup and incumbent ends of the energy ecosystem. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Generating sector research & insight
- Support market analysis on a wide variety of topics – synthesizing industry research and data from diverse sources to generate insight that’s simply unavailable anywhere else
- Develop market landscapes for investable target companies
- Identify the transformational impact that emerging technology might have on our strategic partners’ businesses
Engage our strategic partners
- Support working groups of subject matter experts and operational leaders from our strategic partner consortium
- Work hand in hand with partners on building business cases and deployment pathways for transformational technology
Establish thought leadership
- Help share our insight, both internally and externally, to share EIP’s views both within and outside of our immediate ecosystem
- Develop credibility as a trusted internal advisor on key trends and markets.
Create value for EIP investment strategy & portfolio
- Collaborate with our investment teams to source deal opportunities and build conviction in investment decisions
- Share actionable insight with our portfolio on market dynamics & opportunities
- Support portfolio companies by advising on product development roadmaps & go-to-market strategy
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 2-3 years of experience in market analysis; management consulting; corporate strategy; or other relevant fields
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (economics, real estate, energy studies, sustainability, business administration, or similar)
- Prior experience, or demonstrated interest in, the energy, real estate, or climate tech sector
- Excellent analytical skills and capability to assess complex business cases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in fast paced environment with limited oversight
- An independent mindset and intellectual curiosity
- A proven track record of working effectively on a team and being a good teammate
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint