Internships With Energy Impact Partners
Impact Internship Program
EIP offers a best-in-class internship program for young professionals interested in every aspect of the venture capital ecosystem, including investment, research & strategy, business development, and operations. EIP internships are all paid at competitive market rates. Once positions for internships become available, they will be displayed on this page.
Who We Are
Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together entrepreneurs and the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance innovation. With over $1.5 billion in assets under management, EIP invests globally across venture, growth, credit, and infrastructure in companies driving a cleaner, better energy future!
EIP has a team of more than 50 professionals based in its offices in New York, San Francisco, Palm Beach, London, and Cologne. Our organization strives to create a dynamic and diverse workplace with people that want to make a difference in the world. Our mission puts our customers and employees first, continuously aiming to become a better company with better people.
EIP culture is at the forefront of everything we do.
- We put our customers and employees first
- We work hard but have fun
- We treat others with respect
- We are results-oriented: no politics and no bureaucracy
- We respect the best ideas no matter where they come from
- We strive to become better
EIP is always looking for people that want to join our team of innovators, collaborators, and go-getters. If you are interested in a career at EIP or with one of our portfolio companies, reach out and apply to our role on Handshake or through or contact form on the website. The summer internship program will be remote starting in early June 2021.
We look forward to meeting you!
Example EIP Teams and Responsibilities
- Investment: research market trends and dynamics, build company profiles, update relevant databases, build and update financial models
- Business Development: develop materials to support portfolio companies with sales, strategic initiatives, research potential customers, update relevant databases
- Research: research market trends and dynamics, consolidate insights into reports to create internal recommendations and share with external partners, update relevant databases
- ESG: gather environmental impact data internally and across portfolio companies, calculate metrics, support development of environmental impact report
- Finance: gather financial data internally and across portfolio companies, calculate metrics and provide ad-hoc analysis, develop summary materials, support accounting operations as needed
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- History of strong academic performance in a relevant field (finance/accounting, business administration, environmental/ sustainability studies, interests in energy)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded and not ego-driven
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities/ projects at a time
- Willingness to learn and collaborate
- Be a proactive, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated passion around climate technology/sustainability a plus